Leadership update 2019 & Beyond
Having taken on the responsibility as the Captain of Strand Golf Club is life changing, knowing that you are the custodian of a Golf Club with a hundred years of tradition and a membership base in excess of 1000 all who have an expectation for good things requires a high level of commitment to d eli ver. “I assure you of my Commitment”.
Our course has stood the test of time evolving to be one of the best playing courses in the Western Cape, to this end we mustac knowledge our greenkeeper who has with limited budget, managed to maintain this course at a very high level of playability.
Our challenge as a Leadership Team is to position the Club to be here for the next 100 hundred years
ensuring that generation after generation gets to enjoy the privilege as part of the history of Strand Golf Club.
So How do we achieve this, firstly I believe that the compounded effect our members and their extended networks working together for a common goal to bring feet to the club can result in a stepped gain for SGC. To this end, an open invitation is extended to all our members to contribute in any form and to “ Make Difference of Value” , the management team and the committee are geared to collaborate with all proactive and positive initiatives to better the club.
Knowing that Golf on a World Wide basis is a struggling industry, what can we do to ensure sustainability:
1. Focus on all our income streams to ensure each one is efficient and optimised.
2. Marketing, position SGC as a community based club serving the greater Helderberg area.
2.1. We have literally created a membership package customised to suit any need.
2.2. We are currently the best priced affiliated member course in the WC.
2.3. We offer reciprocity playing fees to both Somerset West and to Stellenbosch.
2.4. We advertise & promote the club to all neighbouring housing estates on a free social membership basis for 6 months with other options.
2.5. We advertise on our local Radio Helderberg station every week.
2.6. Network with our sponsors and their customer base.
3. Drive to ensure that each member and visitor has a memorable playing and 19 th Hole experience.
4. Staff training based on Best Practice with an understanding that we are essentially in the Entertainment Business.
5. All functions held at the Club we strive to deliver on a promise that exceeds expectation.
6. Continuous Improvement, strive to Improve In Everyway Everyday.
Our work will never be done. It is and will always be a Continuous Drive to Succeed for the Greater Good Of the Club its Members and all those pass through the gates. We have a great team who can at any time call upon an even greater team, you the members !